11/29/2021, 6:12 am | from chip editor
The original post is from Schmidty’s blog *
About 190 Android apps infected with malware currently threaten smartphones. The apps have already been downloaded by about nine million users. We summarize what users should know here.
From a report from malware analysts at Doctor Web It shows that more than 9 million Android devices have been infected with a dangerous Trojan from Huawei AppGallery infected. They installed games infected with this dangerous virus.
According to the report, Android.Cynos.7.origin is the name of a Trojan that was embedded in apps and reached consumers’ devices through Huawei AppGallery. Data shows that about 9,300,000 Android device owners have already installed and used the apps for a long time.
The most downloaded games are:
- A Chinese game called “快点 躲 起来” with more than 2 million downloads
- Cat Adventures with 427.000 downloads
- Downloads “Drive School Simulator” 142,000
- Ein russisches Spiel names “The team must kill the warhead” mit uber 8.000 downloads
Infected Android devices: Huawei AppGallery as a starting point
There are about 190 games with built-in Trojans in different categories in Huawei AppGallery. In total, more than 9.0 million users have downloaded these games. Some of these games are aimed at Russian users, others are aimed at a Chinese or international audience.
Apps containing trojan horse ask users for specific permission, for example b- Retrieve phone data. Once the permission is granted, the Trojans can collect user data and send it to a remote service, including the following data:
- User’s mobile phone number
- Device location based on GPS coordinates or data from the cellular network and Wi-Fi access point (if the app has permission to access the location)
- Various parameters of the cellular network, such as b. The network code and the country code for the cellular network; Also GSM cell ID and international GSM area code (if the app has permission to access the location)
- Various technical data of the machine
- Various parameters of Trojanized application metadata
This post first appeared on schmidtisblog.de.
Store recommendation for mobile phones and smartphones
Offer from BestCheck.de | Prices include VAT plus shipping
“Social media evangelist. Baconaholic. Devoted reader. Twitter scholar. Avid coffee trailblazer.”