Socialpost

Complete News World

Incidents have been reported during evacuations in Ukraine

Incidents have been reported during evacuations in Ukraine

“Russia continues to hold more than 400,000 hostages in Mariupol, prevents humanitarian aid and evacuation,” Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba wrote on Twitter. The indiscriminate bombing continues.

“People are leaving Mariupol on their own as quickly as possible,” said a spokesman for pro-Russian separatists in the Donetsk region. According to him, 42 people managed to leave the city on the Sea of ​​Azov. It is said that 100 civilians have been taken to safety from Demideva, including 30 children. The information cannot be verified.

According to the Russian news agency Interfax, 180,000 people came to Russia from Ukraine. Interfax cited information from the Russian Defense Ministry. As a result, the agreed evacuation corridors, due to Kyiv’s fault, did not have the desired effect.

Evacuations have begun in other areas. Ukrainian media published photos from Irbin, near Kyiv, showing elderly and sick people being taken to safety on stretchers. One of the photos showed an old woman sitting on a hand truck. A children’s home has been evacuated in Warsaw, near the capital.

Buses arrived in the northeastern city of Sumy at noon. According to the deputy head of the presidential office, Kirilo Tymoshenko, the first vehicles carrying civilians left Enerhodar in southern Ukraine and Izyum near Kharkiv in the northeast. In the morning, Ukraine, in coordination with the Russian side, spoke about escape routes from a total of six cities.

Deputy Prime Minister Irina Vereshuk said that people from Enrodar and Mariupol should be moved to Zaporizhia in the southeast on Wednesday. Pokrovsk is intended for residents of Volnovaka and Poltava for residents of Sumy. Passages to Izyum in the east and to several small towns north of Kyiv were also planned.

See also  Submarine dispute: Paris cancels ministerial meeting with London

According to the head of the regional administration, Dmytro Shewitsky, people can leave Sumy in their own cars or in 22 buses. This is done in cooperation with the Red Cross. It is said that 6,700 people have already been rescued from Sumy. So far it was the only one of the five agreed-upon escape corridors that seemed to really work.

The ceasefire must therefore be in effect until 8:00 PM CET. Vereshuk said the military had agreed there would be no shootings during this period. The escape routes were coordinated with Russia and the corresponding message was sent to the International Red Cross.