2022 is all about Macs, and there are plenty of new Apple computers in their starting stages, including recent MacBooks. But what exactly can users look forward to? Now it comes out what Apple has been hiding from us until now.
Despite the continued success of the iPhone and iPad, the Mac platform is still alive and well. This year, Apple will introduce a whole line of new computers. Insider and Bloomberg reporter Mark Gorman reveals detailed plans (Source: Power Newsletter).
Apple’s new chips for MacBooks and Co. in 2022
First of all, the focus is on the processors. The upcoming computers will be equipped with three different classes of chipsets, depending on the model, Apple chooses the appropriate “driver”. You can choose from:
- Apple M2 – The successor to the M1, a little faster. However, Apple maintains the same eight-core architecture. On the other hand, a chip can increase its graphics performance, perhaps to 9 or 10 cores (previously 7 or 8).
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max – We already know from last year’s MacBook Pro.
- Apple M1 Max with “superpowers” For the new Mac Pro. There should be two versions, one of which doubles the performance of the already known M1 Max, and the other quadruples it. In numbers, this means 20 CPU cores and 64 graphics cores or 40 CPU cores and 128 graphics cores.
We’ll still see ultra-fast MacBook Pro chips in the larger Mac mini and iMac in 2022:
7 new Mac models planned for this year
In its entirety, Gurman comes up with his own Mac updates for 2022 on seven models:
- The new Mac mini with the M1 Pro.
- MacBook Pro (13 inch) with M2, Behind the current M1 modellocated below the 14″ and 16″ models and in the retro design.
- A “regular” Mac mini with M2.
- iMac (24-inch) update with Apple M2.
- MacBook Air with a new design and the Apple M2.
- a iMac is larger (27 inches) With M1 Pro or M1 Max.
- The Mac Pro is “midway” and with the M1 Max already mentioned, it’s even faster.
The only question left is: When will Apple computers appear? maybe the beginning March 8 (main rumored date)Make your MacBook Pro with M2 chip and Mac mini with M1 Pro. The Followed by the second round in May and June – The iMac (iMac Pro) is expected here to be the largest and the Mac Pro. The rest will have to follow later in the year. Next year (2023) there will be Pro and Max versions of the M2, accompanied by the M3 for “regular” PCs.
“Social media evangelist. Baconaholic. Devoted reader. Twitter scholar. Avid coffee trailblazer.”