With the release candidate of macOS 12.1 Monterey, Apple has also published new operating system update functionality, which will be included in the final release.
What is not included: The Universal Control function with which the keyboard and trackpad for Mac for iPhone or iPad can be used will likely not be included in the final version because it is also missing in the release candidate. This also applies to iOS 15.2, which has just been released. Apple has already promised to release it in the fall of 2021, but the fall will soon be over.
Below are the release notes, which also affect owners of the new 14 and 16-inch MacBook Pro, because some bugs are fixed here.
- Desktop and screen saver may appear blank after selecting photos from Photo Library
- Your trackpad may stop responding to clicks or taps
- External displays cannot charge some MacBook Pro and MacBook Air computers when connected via Thunderbolt or USB-C
- Playing HDR video on YouTube.com may cause kernel panic on MacBook Pro 2021 computers
- Extensions can be hidden in the menu bar via the notch on the 2021 MacBook Pro
- MagSafe will be able to stop charging on the 2021 MacBook Pro 16-inch computers if the lid is closed and the system is shut down.
Your opinion is needed
How about you, will you install macOS 12.1 as soon as it becomes available or will you wait?
Popular content from Mac Life +
“Social media evangelist. Baconaholic. Devoted reader. Twitter scholar. Avid coffee trailblazer.”