Apple introduces a total of 21 new emoji with iOS 16.4 and iPadOS 16.4, ranging from animals to hand gestures to objects. Web apps can now display notification icons on the home screen icon just like native apps.
Sound Isolation is designed to make iPhone calls clearer by blocking ambient noise more effectively. The Photos app now also searches for duplicates in your shared iCloud Photo Library. Apple is also introducing improvements to incident detection and various bug fixes. Here are the full release notes for iOS 16.4:
This update includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
- 21 new emoji like animals, hand gestures and objects are now available through emoji keyboard.
- Notifications from web apps are now shown on the home screen.
- Sound isolation for mobile calls emphasizes your voice and blocks out ambient noise.
- The Duplicate Album functionality in Photos is expanded to also detect duplicate photos and videos in a shared iCloud Photo Library.
- VoiceOver is supported for Maps in the Weather app.
- The Accessibility setting allows videos to automatically darken when flashing or flashing lights are detected.
- Visual Search is now available in Austria and Switzerland.
- Fixes an issue where purchase requests from children did not appear on the guardian device.
- Addresses issues that may cause Matter-compatible thermostats to become unresponsive after pairing with an Apple Home.
- Improved crash detection on iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models.
Some features may not be available in all regions or on all Apple devices. For more information about the security aspects of Apple software updates, visit this site:
“Social media evangelist. Baconaholic. Devoted reader. Twitter scholar. Avid coffee trailblazer.”
Days of Play 2023 – DualSense Edge, games and PlayStation Plus for sale
Better to delete it directly: the popular Android app is secretly eavesdropping on its users
The Last of Us multiplayer is being rolled back