After about a month Camera update 7.9, which brought Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Cameras 4K, 6K and 6K Pro, among others, post stabilization via gyroscopic metadata, Camera Update 7.9.1 has now been released. This fixes some bugs in particular – making recording to USB-C external storage more reliable for all Blackmagic Pocket Cinema cameras and improving the response of the record button to start and stop recording faster.
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K, 6K and 6K Pro Cameras
In addition, this update provides more reliability when updating the camera software. As announced, the update also fixes a bug in Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K introduced by the latest update – it’s now again possible for users to set a frame rate above 60 fps when shooting in 4K at 2.4:1 ratio, and also the update now offers More accurate motion sensor data.
Blackmagic RAW 2.6.1 Update
The Blackmagic Camera 7.9.1 update includes Blackmagic RAW 2.6, which adds support for Blackmagic RAW clips captured using Blackmagic Video Assist with Fujifilm XH2s, white balance and resolution adjustment for Panasonic GH5S and BGH1 and improved white balance accuracy for the Panasonic S1H, S1, S5, BS1H.
What’s new in Blackmagic Camera 7.9.1
Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, 6K, 6K G2, 6K Pro
Improved reliability when recording to USB-C SSDs.
– Improved reliability when updating the camera software.
– Improved delay time when recording starts and stops.
– Fixed an issue where Blackmagic RAW clips could not be displayed with LUT applied correctly in the camera.
4K Cinema Pocket Camera
– The accuracy of the motion sensor data has been improved.
Improved reliability of detecting physical OIS keys on MFT lenses.
– Fixed an issue that prevented users from setting a frame rate higher than 60 fps when shooting 4K at 2.4:1 ratio.
What’s new in Blackmagic RAW 2.6
Support for Fujifilm XH2s Blackmagic RAW clips captured with Blackmagic Video Assist.
– Customizable white balance and resolution for Panasonic GH5S, BGH1.
– Improved white balance accuracy for Panasonic S1H, S1, S5, BS1H.
“Social media evangelist. Baconaholic. Devoted reader. Twitter scholar. Avid coffee trailblazer.”