Carrot hot dog recipe
Vegan hot dogs prove it: Meat-free grilling can be very tasty! Carrot hot dogs make vegetarians’ hearts beat faster, and they’re low in calories—and also taste good for meat eaters. Here we explain how it works.
Finger food, snack
€ € €
Vegetable hot dog ingredients
for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke seasoning (liquid smoke)
- 4 carrots (about 100g each)
- 2 pickles
- 4 hot dog buns
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 100 g sauerkraut (canned)
- 4 tablespoons fried onions
- Whisk the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, and liquid smoke together in a bowl. Peel the carrots, leaving part of the green part, put it in a freezer bag with the marinade, seal it tightly and put it in the freezer for at least 36 hours. Then let the carrots dissolve in the marinade overnight.
- Cut the cucumber into thin slices. Cut the cake into slices. Mix mustard and ketchup in a bowl. Place the carrots on the grill and grill until completely flipped, about 5 minutes. Briefly place the cut side of the bread on the grill and sear until crispy.
- Spread ketchup and mustard on the halves of the bread. Place the cucumber slices on the bottom half. Spread sauerkraut on top, put carrots on top and serve sprinkled with fried onions.
Energy and nutrition information for the recipe
|For every meal|
Also interesting for you:
“Total coffee aficionado. Travel buff. Music ninja. Bacon nerd. Beeraholic.”