One problem with the new MacBook Pro (2021): In some cases, the notch hides items from the menu bar. This will now be fixed with an upcoming macOS release.
As we all know, MacBook Pro (2021) comes with a notch at the top of the screen. There is exactly the macOS menu bar, so none of the usable screen space is lost as a result of the change. So far, a problem only appeared when you have many entries in the menu bar. Then it can happen that these are covered with a fissure.
With macOS Monterey 12.1, Apple has now eliminated this issue.
MacBook Pro (2021): Menu Entries No Longer Covered by Notch
The update changelog states that menu bar apps can no longer be tiered. However, the elements to the left of the cavity are not affected. Here, app developers have to make sure that the options don’t hide behind the camera area. For apps that aren’t optimized, macOS allows the screen to be scaled so that all menus have space.
macOS 12.1 also includes other bug fixes:
This release also includes bug fixes for your Mac:
- Desktop and screen saver may appear blank after selecting photos from the photo library
- Your trackpad may become unresponsive to clicks or taps
- Some MacBook Pro and MacBook Air computers may not charge external monitors when connected using Thunderbolt or USB-C
- Playing HDR video on YouTube.com could scare 2021 MacBook Pro computers
- Menu bar extensions may be hidden by the camera housing in 2021 MacBook Pro computers
- MagSafe may stop charging on 2021 MacBook Pro 16-inch computers when the lid is closed and the system is closed
macOS 12.1 Monterey will be rolling out to all users starting next week at the earliest.
Recommendations for you
“Social media evangelist. Baconaholic. Devoted reader. Twitter scholar. Avid coffee trailblazer.”