Twitter hasn’t gotten any safer under new owner Elon Musk, according to the former head of Trust and Safety. Yoel Roth said yesterday in his first interview since his resignation this month that the company no longer has enough employees for security work.
After Musk took over the social media platform, Roth tweeted that security had improved in some areas under the Tesla founder. At a press conference, when asked if he still thought so, he said, “No.”
The SMS service is currently trying to restore users’ waning confidence in the platform’s security with the help of Twitter Blue’s verified opt-in model.
The security certification is set to roll out Friday, but only for Apple’s mobile iOS software, The Information news site reported yesterday, citing a person familiar with the plans.
Musk criticizes Apple
Since Twitter is rolling out its iOS app update opt-in offer, the company has sought approval from Apple as part of the review process, the report said. Android version will be updated later. Twitter did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment.
Musk had previously accused Apple, in a series of tweets, of banning Twitter from the App Store without reason and stopping its ads on the social networking platform. Musk wrote that Apple is putting pressure on Twitter by demanding that it moderate the content.
“Total coffee aficionado. Travel buff. Music ninja. Bacon nerd. Beeraholic.”