After secret documents were found in the private home of former US Vice President Mike Pence, the 63-year-old admitted wrongdoing. “Mistakes have been made. I take full responsibility for that now,” Pence said at an event in Florida on Friday.
“I did not know”
“While I didn’t know this classified information was in our private home, let me be clear: This classified information should not have been there,” the Republican said.
In the past few weeks, classified documents have surfaced in US President Joe Biden’s private rooms. The findings of former President Donald Trump caused a stir last summer. It was announced on Tuesday that secret files from his tenure as vice president had been found on Pence. It was said that his lawyer discovered it. Then they are arrested by the Federal Police.
The revelations are sensitive for the three politicians, because secret government documents are not allowed to be stored in private after leaving office. The National Archives is responsible for it in the USA.
Expect to run
Pence served as Vice President Trump from 2017 to 2021. It is expected that Pence will want to run for president in the 2024 elections. However, he will first have to assert himself in the party’s internal primaries against Trump, who has already announced his candidacy.
“Food practitioner. Bacon guru. Infuriatingly humble zombie enthusiast. Total student.”
The disabled Soyuz space capsule has landed in the Kazakh steppe
Germany – Traffic light in search of the lock step
Lebanon: The clocks are changing