Socialpost

Complete News World

House accidentally set on fire by snake harassment

WA man in Maryland accidentally set his house on fire because he believed smoke could repel snakes. Pete Bringer, spokesman for the Montgomery County Fire Department Tweeted FridayIt is believed that the coal burned by the homeowner to create smoke in the basement was very close to combustible materials. The house was completely destroyed by a massive fire on November 23. People were not injured. 75 firefighters are engaged in extinguishing the fire.

Plate The Washington Post said, Snakes are probably – non-venomous – peanuts. They may have been innumerable at home. But only the remains of a snake were found in the ashes. Another snake was found alive. “It came out of the basement,” Bringer said. The reptile was caught and left in a nearby forest. The remaining snakes are dead, hidden under the rubble or run away. According to reports, it is not uncommon for snakes to build nests in the basement, especially in the cold winter.

Experts advise against smoking snakes

Emily Taylor, a professor at the California Polytechnic University, told the Washington Post that although the snakes had a high sense of smell in the cold temperatures of Maryland, the smoke did not move the snakes much because they were mainly inside. One would have seen a state of deep stillness. “You would have been very sluggish,” Taylor said.

According to zoologist John Cleofer, snakes use their tongues to sense smell. If they sensed the smell of smoke, they either hid or tried to escape. But this is only temporary. “They’ll be back.” He had never heard of anyone trying to get rid of snakes in a house. He did not recommend it.

See also  Is Sebastian Kurz going to America? The former president is said to have a new job

Wildlife biologist Dan Roach told the newspaper, “I definitely recommend something else to deal with snakes – start by calling an expert.”