Ergonomics in the workplace is an often underestimated issue. Regardless of whether it is a large office or a home office, those who work sitting for hours must prepare the workplace comfortably for Health problems to avoid. In addition to the right office furniture, other factors also play a role. What should you pay special attention to when setting up? What equipment should not be missing in a comfortable workplace? What are the setup errors that should be avoided? We answer these questions in the article!
How can I comfortably set up a workplace?
The first and most important step in creating an office is choosing the right furniture. It should be comfortable and provide a high level of comfort. Only then can employees feel satisfied and call their full potential.
Choosing the right office
A computer workstation without a desk is unimaginable. over there Sitting for a long time is unhealthy That is, a height-adjustable desk is recommended for ergonomic office furnishing. The sitting and standing table offers many advantages – on the one hand it improves the health of the back, and on the other hand it increases concentration and performance. You can do anything that supports the purchase of desks that can be adjusted in height in the office Read about office furniture experts.
Which office chair is suitable?
To protect your back, the office chair should be ergonomically adjustable. What do you mean exactly? The chair should offer various adjustment options so that it can adapt to the user. The flexible backrest and adjustable armrests ensure optimum seating comfort. To sit comfortably, your thighs should be positioned horizontally, your knees should be at a 90-degree angle and your feet should be flat on the floor.
who – which Dynamic seating concept It is also very popular at the moment. For this purpose, special active seating furniture such as knee chairs and active seats are designed, which provide great freedom of movement and are increasingly preferred over classic office chairs.
Convenient desk accessories
A height-adjustable desk and adjustable chair are not enough for a comfortable workspace. People who work 8 or more hours per day at a computer workstation often have problems in the wrist area. Therefore, desk accessories such as an ergonomic keyboard and ergonomic wrist rests on the desk should not be missing. A simple trick also helps here: you can place the keyboard in a folder with an inclined plane so that it is slightly higher and inclined. This reduces tension in the arms and improves comfortable writing.
Tips for more ergonomics in the workplace
To ensure that the workplace is ergonomically designed, some basic rules must be observed. We have summarized the most important ones below.
- Adequate work space – Especially in shared office spaces, it is important to ensure a minimum of 10 square meters of space per workstation.
- Good light conditions – rooms with adequate daylight and good ceiling lights that do not dazzle or cause reflections on the screen are ideal.
- Room design in light colors – dark furniture and walls have an oppressive effect and should be avoided in the office. Instead, you have to use light, natural colors without a lot of sheen or strong accents.
- Large screen – It is preferable to use a large screen on a laptop when working on a computer. A screen of at least 22 degrees is recommended. Studies have also shown that Multi-screen workstation dramatically increases productivitySo buying a second monitor can come in handy in many cases.
- Raise the monitor If there is no height-adjusting table available in the workplace, you should at least be able to raise the monitor to a higher level. If you look down during the entire working day, the result is discomfort in the neck. The easiest way to adjust the height of the screen is to raise the screen. If you are working on two monitors, it is best to place them at different heights.
- Good working atmosphere – it is not necessary that there should be any disturbing noise in the workplace. Heating in winter and ventilation in summer should work properly. Plants can also contribute to creating a pleasant atmosphere in an office space.
Common mistakes when creating an office
If you want to set up your workplace comfortably and comfortably, then you should pay attention to several things. Here we have listed some of the most common office furnishing mistakes that you should definitely avoid.
The desk is too small or see-through
A large desk gives you freedom of movement and allows you to work with multiple monitors and documents. So you need to calculate a minimum size of 160cm x 80cm for the desk. The table top does not have to be transparent under any circumstances. Glass desks cause light reflections that reduce focus and tire the eyes more quickly.
The desk is incorrectly positioned
There is no one suitable place for the office. However, placing it directly in front of a window or on a wall is not optimal and can be a problem. It is advisable to place the desk at a right angle to the window.
Badly modified office chair
An ergonomic office chair cannot guarantee a good sitting posture. The chair must adapt to the user and you must ensure yourself a good posture. The backrest should be adjusted so that the lumbar cushion is at the height of the belt. The angle between the upper body and the thigh should be between 90 and 120 degrees so as not to put pressure on the back.
Put a lot of emphasis on optics
Design plays an important role in office design, but it is by no means the most important. First of all, office furniture should be functional, comfortable and only then look good.
Not enough storage space
if Mess in the workplace It prevails, you feel upset and tense. Therefore, shelves, drawers and shelves should not be missing in the office. Everything that is needed often should be in the immediate vicinity. Less frequently used documents and papers should be stored in a separate place.
A good office design can greatly improve productivity in the workplace. Comfortable furniture provides more comfort and prevents health problems. If the workplace is set up comfortably and a pleasant working atmosphere is created there, focus and performance are improved.
“Total coffee aficionado. Travel buff. Music ninja. Bacon nerd. Beeraholic.”