After a 15-hour journey, the plane finally landed in New Orleans. My expectation is great! After a few hours, I sit down in a kayak and boldly make my first attempts at locomotion. I paddle on a terrain that is still strange to me, but absolutely fascinating.
Landscape photography knows a variety of central concepts. Our articles help you find them and catch them with the right technology.
Austrian photographer Jorge Bob sparked my interest in the cypress swamps. He has been touring the area in South America for many years and knows the area well. George flies to Louisiana with a friend and me. He will spend the next two weeks with us and take us through the swamp with his photos.
Vast swampland in South America
The most famous swamps in the United States are the Everglades in Florida. But there are also spectacular landscapes like this. Texas and Louisiana have the largest bald cypress forests in the world. More than 1,000 years old cypress trees can be found growing in the swamps, bays and ponds of the Mississippi Delta.
- Access to all content from heise +
- Exclusive Tests, Guides & Backgrounds: Independent, critically well established
- Read c’t, iX, MIT Technology Review, Mac & i, Make, ct Photography live in your browser
- Sign up once – read on all devices – can be canceled monthly
- Free for the first month, then from € 9.95 per month
- Weekly newsletter with editorial personal reading recommendations
Start the free month
Start your free month right now
Already subscribe to heise +?
Sign up and read on
Sign up now and read the article immediately
Additional information about heise +
“Amateur coffee fan. Travel guru. Subtly charming zombie maven. Incurable reader. Web fanatic.”