Heavy fighting erupts in the Cherson region, and Ukraine reports territorial gains. Zelensky receives IAEA experts in Kyiv. Its goal is the “immediate disarmament” of the Russian-occupied Zaporizhia nuclear power plant.
Battles / Military
- In Russian-occupied Ukrainian Kherson region According to information from Kyiv Heavy fighting broke out. President Volodymyr Zelensky’s office said on Tuesday that there had been “strong explosions all day and all night.” More on this.
- Ukrainian Armed Forces The ferries used by Russia to supply its forces were fired upon on the western bank of the Dnipro RiverThis was stated by Ukrainian presidential advisor Oleksiy Aristovich.
- According to the British Ministry of Defense, Ukrainian armed forces increased artillery fire in southern Ukraine And further disruption of Russian supplies with long-range precision attacks.
- Russian gas exports to Europe via Nord Stream 1 are suspended Technical problems caused by Western sanctionsKremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Tuesday, a day before another scheduled shutdown for maintenance.
- President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky has experts from the International Atomic Energy Agency. Received in Kyiv. “The arrival of the IAEA mission in Ukraine is certainly one of the most important security issues for Ukraine and the world today,” he said in a video tape broadcast on public television on Tuesday. Zelensky described the “immediate disarmament” of the Russian-occupied Zaporizhia nuclear power plant as a goal.
- The European Union has Sending 5.5 million potassium iodide tablets to UkraineTo protect the population from the possible radioactivity of the besieged Zaporizhia nuclear power plant. The European Union Commission in Brussels announced on Tuesday that Austria provides 500,000 such tablets.
Western support for Ukraine
- German Defense Minister Christine Lambrecht looks at it There are hardly any opportunities to use weapons from the German armed forces’ stocks in defensive combat Against Russia to send to Ukraine. The German army must be able to guarantee the national defense and the defense of the alliance. But Lambrecht quickly assumes Agreement with Greece in the exchange of rings On arms to Ukraine.
According to its foreign representative, Josep Borrell, the European Union countries want Review of requirements for the joint military training mission of Ukraine. On Tuesday, Borrell said, after informal deliberations of EU defense ministers in Prague, that the 27 member states had agreed in principle to “define the parameters of an EU military mission in Ukraine”. We report here on the informal Council of Ministers of the European Union. Possible visa restrictions for Russian citizens are also up for discussion.
“Food practitioner. Bacon guru. Infuriatingly humble zombie enthusiast. Total student.”