The latest patch 4.02 for The Witcher 3 from CD Projekt is here and it should greatly improve performance on all platforms.
for the next generation version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Patch 4.02 has now been released. You can find the most important changes to CD Projekt’s fantasy adventures here.
on the computer
- Improved CPU core utilization in DX 12.
- Horizon-based peripheral occlusion restoration. Players who have “Ambient Occlusion” disabled will need to disable it again. You can find this under Options → Video → Graphics.
- Fixed an issue where the “My Rewards” section in REDLauncher would not translate.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Tucson landscape to flicker when NVIDIA HairWorks was enabled.
- Fixed a particle optimization bug that could temporarily crash the game.
- Performance mode has been improved on next generation consoles.
- Fixed an issue where characters were a bit blurry during dialogue and stories on PlayStation 5.
- Fixed an issue where memory usage in ray tracing mode could cause Xbox Series X to crash.
- What a grown man… – The game will no longer crash on next generation consoles if Geralt runs away from Shani after starting the conversation.
- Fixed an issue where Quicksaves would not load when using cross-platform progression on Xbox One.
- Added two “First Class Swords!” lost on older consoles.
- Fixed an issue where replacing a manual save on PlayStation 5 could delete the oldest save.
- Fixed performance issues in Beauclair and Novigrad after loading saves.
Graphics – exclusive changes for PC and next-gen consoles
- Improved the appearance of being submerged in water by adding SSR and ray tracing for reflections.
- Fixed a visual bug with brick textures where stone arches were covered in black artifacts.
- Motion blur slider added. You can find it under Options → Video → Graphics.
QUESTS & GAMEPLAY – Available on all platforms
- Preparing for Battle – Added a missing dialogue option without which the objective “Let Avallac’h know everything is ready” cannot advance.
- Status Cause – Fixed a bug where the warehouse door could be permanently locked if the player knocked, entered the building, and then immediately exited.
- Treasure Hunt: Blueprints for Upgrading Cat School Equipment – Part 1 – Fixed a bug where sometimes the quest would remain active even though blueprints were found.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players attempting to start a new game in New Game+ mode with an incompatible save from playing expansions in “Standalone” mode until restarting the game.
Localization – available on all platforms
- Fixed an error in the Korean translation of the descriptions for Ciri and Gwent cards.
- Fix punctuation error in Arabic translation.
- Traditional Chinese calligraphy has been improved.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is for PS5And Xbox Xbox X And personal computer available.
“Social media evangelist. Baconaholic. Devoted reader. Twitter scholar. Avid coffee trailblazer.”