The basics in a nutshell
Whether between friends, family, or at work: Communication usually takes place via WhatsApp. This also applies to jointly planned events and appointments where users exchange ideas via group chats. WhatsApp is now working on another feature: it’s supposed to make planning events easier for you and your group members. It is currently in the testing phase. We’ll reveal what’s behind it and the purpose of the update here.
New feature in development
With every new WhatsApp update, there is usually a new functionality for users. The popular messaging service recently announced that it is working on an innovative feature for its latest Android beta release. With the new feature, users will have the opportunity to organize and coordinate events themselves in the future. This feature is currently under development but is expected to be available in a future update of the app.
In the clip: This is how the planning function in WhatsApp works
The new functionality should be able to do this
The new feature aims to make it easier to plan and manage an event or event. So you can also create surveys and polls. Relevant information such as name, date, time or location can be selected and managed by yourself. The reminder function can also be activated so that all participants receive a notification at a time they specify. Events will be end-to-end encrypted and will initially be intended for community group chats only.
In a glance:
- In the future, users will be able to create group events themselves on WhatsApp.
- Events can be created with all important information like name, date, time and location.
- The feature is currently under development but is expected to be available in a future update.
Important: The prerequisite for using the new tool is that all chat participants have the latest version of WhatsApp installed. Otherwise, participants will not be able to view or use group invitations or new events.
Another advantage of the new job
The new feature will not only be useful for planning group events and activities, but can also be used for personal purposes. The new feature will help you get organized and stay on top of things.
Good to know: It is expected that this feature will be available in group chats in the community. Once the event is created, it will be automatically integrated into the chat.
Developing WhatsApp functionality
The new feature will join the list of other new WhatsApp features for planning and coordinating group conversations. Recently, WhatsApp introduced a functionality with “Beta Update 220.127.116.11” for Android that allows scheduled group calls.
Also interesting: Hide WhatsApp channels and current events: that’s how it works! There is also a trick you can use to find out who saved your number on WhatsApp.
Facts about WhatsApp
- Instant messaging software is very popular all over the world.
- Installation is done via Google Play (Android) or App Store (iPhone).
- In addition to the common smileys, there are also stickers or gifs that can be attached to messages.
- Regular backup schedules can be set in settings so that data is always backed up.
- WhatsApp is part of Mark Zuckerberg’s meta empire.