In Turkey’s Black Sea region, 38 people died due to flooding. The Civil Protection Agency said on Friday that 12 people would be treated in hospital. The three provinces of Bartin, Kastamonu and Sinop were particularly affected. President Recep Tayyip Erdogan traveled to Kastamonu on Friday and said the destroyed places would be replaced with “better places”.
Heavy rain flooded many places in the area. A number of collapsed buildings and damaged streets were seen in television images and several bridges collapsed, TRT television reported. Muddy brown water swept the cars with it. According to media reports, the height of the water in some places was five meters. More rain is expected.
Among other things, about 5,000 emergency services and 19 helicopters and search dogs are involved in the rescue work, with the support of NGOs and the military. “This is the worst flood disaster I have ever seen,” Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu said on Thursday.
Twenty-nine people died in Kastamonu, and two more died in Sinop. An 85-year-old woman whose house had previously collapsed due to flooding is missing in Bartin, the official Anadolu news agency reported.
“Food practitioner. Bacon guru. Infuriatingly humble zombie enthusiast. Total student.”
Record number of migrants in Lampedusa: 2,000 in 24 hours
Massive strike: Germany stands still on Monday
Failures – The German traffic strike is also affecting Austria