LINZ, Austria, March 12, 2019 /PRNewswire/ – Data shows that monolithic content management systems are a barrier to velocity and multi-channel strategies
story blockthe leading content management system (CMS) of 2022 that empowers developers and content teams to create better content experiences across all digital channels, today announced its results. Enterprise Ecommerce Leader Report (2023 EMEA) a favour.
The report examines data from 3,583 e-commerce companies in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa with more than 100 employees and more than $10 million in revenue.
The data shows that the top five monolithic CMS perform poorly in the Google Lighthouse speed and performance rankings, with websites built on these CMS achieving an average performance score of 34.6 or less. These low values negatively affect responsiveness and visual stability, making websites difficult to use and reducing conversion rates.
Some other notable findings of the report are:
- With the increase in traffic, e-commerce businesses are more likely to use multiple CMSs, those using a single CMS have an average monthly traffic of 2,678,933 and those using a single CMS are 4,303,393 views. This leads to isolated content that is a barrier to multi-channel marketing.
- Adding content in a second language dramatically increases the rate of traffic growth: Adding one to three additional languages can lead to a growth rate of up to 26% in a 3-month period and 24% in a 6-month period for driving.
- The top 5 monolithic CMS all perform poorly in terms of reaction time at 9.5 to 13.3 seconds.
- The most popular front-end technologies are: #1 React, #2 Vue, #3 Angular.
- The most popular ecommerce platforms are: #1 Magento, #2 Salesforce Commerce Cloud, #3 Shopify.
“Monolithic content management systems prevent e-commerce companies from enabling and developing the digital experiences customers want,” said Dominik Angerer, Co-Founder and CEO of Storyblok. “Not only does headless content management enable significant speed and performance increases, but it also opens up limitless possibilities for channels that Through which you can reach your customers.
About storyblock Storyblok, the leading content management system (CMS) in 2022, empowers developers and content teams to create better content experiences across all digital channels.
Storyblok improves user experience with best-in-class performance and security, enhanced omnichannel storytelling, and powerful customization. Empower content teams to create and manage content intuitively and independently with drag-and-drop visual editing, custom collaborative workflows, and a world-class digital asset manager. Empower developers to build anything, integrate with anything, and publish anywhere with Storyblok’s headless CMS architecture.
Leading brands like Adidas, T-Mobile, Renault and Marc O’Polo use Storyblok to shape digital storytelling.
Questions and contact:
Brandon Watts@storyblok.com View original content: www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/report-reveals-european-e-commerce-companies-struggling-with-poor-website-performance-301680571.html
“Total coffee aficionado. Travel buff. Music ninja. Bacon nerd. Beeraholic.”