A week after a killing spree at a Hamburg church of Jehovah’s Witnesses, all eight seriously injured people are in limbo, according to the community. “This is the most beautiful news of the day, in fact, it puts a smile on our faces,” Michael Tsvidaris, a spokesman for Jehovah’s Witnesses for the northern German region, said today on the North German Broadcasting Corporation (NDR).
In the attack on Thursday last week, the 35-year-old former parishioner killed seven people, injured himself and wounded nine others.
According to the report, Jehovah’s Witnesses have been invited to an ecumenical memorial service planned for Sunday by the Protestant and Catholic churches and the Christian Churches Working Group, but will likely not be formally there.
Jehovah’s Witnesses plan a funeral service
Tsifidaris said in the NDR that his community appreciates “when churches or other institutions in our country show a sign of solidarity and sympathy.” Jehovah’s Witnesses announced that they wanted to hold their own funeral the following weekend. “And we will also find ways for the wider public to participate in this way.”
“Food practitioner. Bacon guru. Infuriatingly humble zombie enthusiast. Total student.”
The disabled Soyuz space capsule has landed in the Kazakh steppe
Germany – Traffic light in search of the lock step
Lebanon: The clocks are changing