Socialpost

Complete News World

Presidential Election 2020: US: Former Election Workers Sue Giuliani Again

Presidential Election 2020: US: Former Election Workers Sue Giuliani Again

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, has been sued again by two women after being ordered to pay nearly $150 million in damages for defaming two former election workers. Ruby Freeman and Shay Moss filed a cease and desist suit. They want to go to court to ensure that the 79-year-old is not allowed to defame them in the future.

Freeman and Moss, a mother and daughter, were election workers in the US state of Georgia Presidential election 2020. Giuliani, an ally of former President Donald Trump, falsely claimed that aides like him cast ballots for Trump and counted fake votes for Democrat Joe Biden after the election. Moss and his mother were targeted by Trump supporters.

Plaintiffs now accuse Giuliani of continuing to spread the same falsehoods he was already sued for. His refusal to refrain from making such statements in the future makes it clear he intended to continue the targeted defamation and harassment, the suit says.

Giuliani showed no remorse

The two women gained national attention last year when they testified before a congressional committee investigating the capital attack. People threatened her and wished her dead, Moss said. Both women eventually sued for damages and alleged that Giuliani’s claims had ruined their reputations and led to numerous threats against them, including racist ones. Both women are black.

See also  US: Apple Store workers vote to strike

Giuliani did not testify at the trial, but told reporters outside court that he did not regret his statements and that they were true. Last Friday, a jury awarded both women substantially more than they had sought.

© dpa-infocom, dpa:231219-99-344947/2