According to the ÖAMTC: From December 16 Requires all entrants (Also people with 2G detection) plus a negative antigen test (no more than 24 hours old) or PCR test (no more than 48 hours old). People who are not immunized are also required to go into quarantine for 5 days, with a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) or antigen test. This regulation is expected to be enforced until January 31, 2022. Crossing is permitted within 36 hours. Registration is required, 3rd generation proof is not required.
Exceptions according to the ÖAMTC:
- There is no mandatory test for children under 6 years old
- Participants for proven health / work reasons or in case of extreme necessity for a maximum period of 120 hours
- Entry and exit from San Marino and the Vatican.
- Cross-border travelers who enter for proven professional reasons and then leave the country to return to their place of residence, home or place of residence. 3G certification is required to access the workplace.
- Persons who have their place of residence in Austria within a maximum of 60 km from their Italian destination and who travel to Italy for a maximum of 48 hours (no registration is required when changing location with their own vehicle).
- Persons returning to Italy after a maximum stay of 48 hours from an Austrian destination 60 km from their place of residence in Italy (no registration required when changing location with their own vehicle).
“Food practitioner. Bacon guru. Infuriatingly humble zombie enthusiast. Total student.”