Socialpost

Complete News World

For the electric version of the sports car legend: Start-up Rimac acquired Bugatti

From Tobias Stahl AM 06.07.2021

On the road, the Nevera is a perfectly normal sports car — at least almost

RimacOn the road, the Nevera is a perfectly normal sports car — at least almost

Croatian electric supercar startup Rimac is now partnering with sports car maker Bugatti. The joint venture will be called Bugatti Rimac and will be managed by 33-year-old Mate Rimac, who founded electric car startup Rimac Automobili in 2009.

Although Rimac is still a young company, this is not the first time that the Croatians have been allowed to partner with well-known car manufacturers: Rimac’s electronic battery systems have already been used by sports car manufacturers such as Jaguar, Aston Martin and Pininfarina.

Bugatti is part of Volkswagen-Collection. Rimac’s president, Mate Rimac, believes, according to his own statement, that Bugatti and Rimac can get along well. Rimac also announced that Bugatti will launch an electric car this decade, but Bugatti will continue to build hybrid supercars. “We could have two very different parallel production lines,” Rimac said, according to financial times. In this constellation, the Bugatti resembles a Swiss wristwatch, while the Rimac resembles the Apple Watch.

Read also

Elektro-Hypersportwagen Rimac C Two

RimacElektro-Hypersportwagen Rimac C Two

Hypercar Rimac C-Two: hardly anything can be done under a million euros

Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini – this is the dream of every sports car enthusiast. But with the increasing electrification of the automotive world, there is new…

Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini – this is the dream of every sports car enthusiast. But as the automotive world becomes increasingly electrifying, there are ultra-fast cars in the field that make the heart beat even faster. Rimac C-Two is one…

Rimac holds a 55 percent majority in the new joint venture, while Porsche owns the remaining 45 percent. However, Porsche also owns a 24 percent stake in Rimac. So if Porsche included its stake in Rimac into the equation, the German sports car maker would have a total of 58.2 percent of the joint venture. Rimac Automobili and Bugatti Automobiles will remain as independent companies. Oliver Blume, president of Porsche, said that when the Bugatti Rimac was founded, no money was poured into it.

This is what the ownership structure of the newly established Bugatti Rimac joint venture looks like.

Rimac carsThis is what the ownership structure of the newly established Bugatti Rimac joint venture looks like.

It will be the future world headquarters of Bugatti Rimac, according to one of them press release Being located on the recently announced Rimac campus, which is also home to Rimac Technology. The €200 million, 100,000 square meter campus, scheduled to open in 2023, aims to be the basis for all future research and development work for the Rimac and Bugatti supercars.

Read also

The best mid-range electric cars in the test.

Nissan / Hyundai / Kia / TeslaThe best mid-range electric cars in the test.

Best mid-range electric cars: Tesla Model 3 & Co in the test

They already exist: affordable electric cars perfectly suited for everyday use, and classic combustion engines in the compact and mid-range class of cars such as the VW Golf or …

It’s there: affordable electric cars perfectly suited for everyday use and these are the only cars that can replace classic combustion engines in small and mid-size classes such as the VW Golf or Mercedes C-Class. And not just since the Tesla Model…

Mate Rimac is excited about the joint venture: “This is a really exciting moment in the short but fast-growing history of Rimac Automobili. We’ve seen a lot in such a short period of time, but this new company brings things to a whole new world level.” Rimac and Bugatti are a perfect match. Regarding what each of us brings. As a young, agile and fast automotive and technology company, we have established ourselves as a leader in electrical technologies مجال Refrigerator We’ve also proven that we can develop and build high-performance cars that are not only fast, but also high-quality and exciting. In addition, Bugatti has one of the most exceptional heirs among all car manufacturers with more than a century of experience developing first-class cars.

See also  High season for strawberries in Styria ‹Fruchtportal