Socialpost

Complete News World

New hits at Deutsche Bahn?  The union wants to inform

New hits at Deutsche Bahn? The union wants to inform

Deutsche Bahn has again called on the union to return to the negotiating table and described potential strikes as “unnecessary” and “unnecessary”.

after this Hit the Deutsche Bahn The GDL would like to comment on how to proceed tomorrow Friday. She had threatened a second strike in the past few days. The first strike also had an effect on long-distance traffic in Austria. Deutsche Bahn has again called on the union to return to the negotiating table and described potential strikes as “unnecessary” and “unnecessary”.

Union leader Klaus Wieselsky now wants to speak at a press conference (11 a.m.) in Berlin. “So far there is no negotiable offer, and no amicable solution appears to be in sight,” she said Thursday in the announcement.

The union had paralyzed large sectors of rail traffic for two days last week. She fights for more money and better working conditions for employees. In doing so, it competes with the rail and transport union.

The strike was announced 15 hours ago

The first hit of passengers was announced 15 hours ago. Wiselsky had confirmed on Tuesday that he would provide information about the start of the strike earlier than the first time.

“We need a negotiating partner who cares not only about strikes but also about solutions on the table,” the group said on Thursday. The GDL had earlier announced that it would comment on how the wage dispute would proceed on Friday. This could also mean another strike announcement.

In Deutsche Bahn’s view, union making demands in the collective bargaining round (KV negotiations in Germany, note) have no place there. This includes, for example, the intention to negotiate with other professional groups apart from train drivers and train operators. GDL has announced that it also wants to establish tariffs for vehicle maintenance, network operation and track maintenance as well as framework conditions for trainees in the current round. According to its own expansion, Deutsche Bahn does not see any legitimacy for such expansion.

See also  Turkey: Emergency forces fight forest fires on fourth day

GDL invites for a new show

GDL just wants to continue negotiating on the basis of a new offer from Deutsche Bahn. The union had so far rejected two offers from the group. Among other things, it calls for an increase of 1.4 percent for employees this year and 1.8 percent next year – a total of 3.2 percent. This corresponds to a qualification in public service. GDL dropped its original request for more funds by 4.8 percent.

The GDL suffered a setback Thursday in court, as it fights to enforce its collective bargaining agreements at Deutsche Bahn companies. It has now failed at the moment in another case with urgent request. On Thursday, the court announced that “the regional labor court – like the Berlin labor court (…) – rejected the application”. There is already a lack of “the urgency of the matter, because the Berlin Labor Court will negotiate the application for the GDL in the main proceedings in just one month”.

Concern about collective bargaining law

The GDL sees its impact on railways at risk due to the so-called Uniform Tariff Act. The law states that in a company with two competing unions, only collective agreements of employee representatives with a larger number of members apply. In the case of Deutsche Bahn companies, this is usually the largest rail and transport union (EVG).

The GDL was not involved in the documentation procedure that was to determine the number of trade union members at the companies involved in the spring. As a result, the railways made “reasonable assumptions” about the number of members, based on the results of business council elections, among other things. Accordingly, GDL only has a majority in the workforce of 16 out of 300 railway companies.

See also  with Trump? Without Trump? Against Trump? The crucial question for Republicans

The union is taking legal action against this decision, but has so far been defeated in its urgent applications before the labor courts in Frankfurt and Berlin.

(APA/DSPA)