Socialpost

Complete News World

Prince Andrew returns money from controversial businessman

Prince Andrew returns money from controversial businessman

Britain’s Prince Andrew, 62, allegedly embezzled money received by a controversial businessman, returning it to its rightful owner. On Saturday, the German news agency (DPA) learned that the second eldest son of Queen Elizabeth II (95) returned the equivalent of about 920,000 euros to a Turkish millionaire.

The woman stated that one of her nationals gave her the equivalent of about 45 million euros and she filed a lawsuit against the London High Court to return her assets. According to the court, both Andrew and his ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson, received large sums of money from her.

According to the millionaire, she hired the accused businessman to keep her money after she had to leave Turkey for political reasons. Instead, he was said to have embezzled property. The transfer to Andrew was justified for her in exchange for assistance in obtaining a passport and declared as a wedding gift for Andrew’s daughter Beatrice, 33, the woman said in court, according to the Palestinian News Agency. The businessman denied the allegations.

The reason why Andrew got the money in November 2019 wasn’t initially clear. The businessman reportedly won the Pitch at Palace award, which was presented by Andrew shortly thereafter. A spokeswoman for Prince Andrew declined to comment on the Defense Department’s request on Saturday, citing ongoing court proceedings.

Prince Andrew has again made negative news headlines as a result of this case. Only in mid-February did he manage to avoid a lawsuit against him in the United States with a comparison that was probably worth millions. Prosecutor Virginia Joffrey accused him of repeatedly abusing her when she was 17. Andrew denied the allegations. However, he had already had to give up his military rank and official duties to the royal family.

See also  Willi Herren (45): What SAT.1 shows instead of "Celebrities Under Palm Trees"